Yoga Teacher's Mentorship
TranSformationAL Journey Work for Yoga Teachers.
Let's make something clear. I am only qualified to teach a Mentorship Program for Yoga Teachers because I have made a lot (I repeat A LOT) of mistakes teaching. After my first Yoga Teachers Training in California in 2005, it took me another 5 whole years (!!!!) AND another Teachers Training in Toronto to get into the lion's cage of teaching my first 'real' yoga class. After that first class, and 8 years later, I vow to always stay a learner.
“Be willing to be a beginner every single morning.”
To stay a learner, my goal is to expand my yoga practice physically - of course - but also mentally through books and trainings. And then again, spiritually through embodiment, self-introspection work, rituals and practice. This yogi journey of learning has been a life calling -a quest (you know how much I love that word!). Ascending my way to an ever-evolving style of teaching that I love requires practice, practice, and what else can I say. Yep. Practice! And you know- it's been some tough and wonderful eight years as a yoga teacher.
One thing I get asked most frequently is how I successfully bring intentions, themes and visual imagery into a yoga class in an inspirational and secular way. How do i invite personal inquiry, healing and connection with the core of who you are in an one hour all-level yoga class?
Nowadays, the soul part is often left out of the classroom. That sucks. It's the most important part, you know?
I've included quotes, words, symbols, stories in my class, because I know that for me- when I go to a yoga class I totally want a sweaty work-out, but also want to be left exhilarated by something more. Something magic! This is the connection yoga seeks: body, mind and SOUL. Nowadays, the 'soul' part is often left out of the classroom. That sucks. It's the most important part, you know?
2018 is an auspicious time to be a yoga teacher. Students are receptive to the movement of mindfulness, creativity and deep imagination more than ever before. Everyone's affected by anxiety, depression, grief, illnesses, disembodiment, transitional time, personal tragedies - everyone. How can I, as a yoga teacher be comfortable in holding space for lives well lived. Lives that want to heal and most importantly be well.
Feeling whole, energized and inspired from the inside out ultimately heightens your vibrancy and health. Being fit is great, but it's worth nothing if you feel empty, lost or dead inside. Feeling whole, energized and inspired from the inside out ultimately heightens your vibrancy and health.
I am ever so thrilled to launch my Yoga Mentorship! It has been four years in the making, with close to 20 yoga teacher under my belt.
Note that Yoga Mentorship closes August 31 th to make time to have my first one-on-one chat with each student.
"Every man has a vocation to be someone: but he must understand clearly that in order to fulfill his vocation he can only be one person: himself."
- Thomas Merton
This lights me up! What does it entail?
This is a 3-month program for yoga teachers that explores the physical, psychological and spiritual (subtle) energies involved in finding one’s own unique self-expression. In it, I tailor and facilitate transformational journey work for you. This training is specific to the art of teaching yoga. This yogi school is about:
- Cultivating personal durability as a yogi.
- Developing a positive, courageous and fearless voice.
- "Holding space" for your own journey and ultimately in a classroom.
- A commitment and initiation to the inner journey of soul and spirit (knowing the difference in the two!) and the compassion, courage, and willingness to articulate the soul’s journey to others.
- Implement intentions, visual imagery, storytelling and poetry in your practice and yoga classes in a way that is not forced or fake.
- Having the ability to turn your personal practice and your yoga classes into a soul-inspiring experience.
THIS TRAINING IS ONLINE & SELF-DIRECTED
I work one-on-one with every yoga teachers to create a schedule that works for your busy life.
I believe that yoga is a practice that is constantly evolving. Yoga teachers are leaders in the field of health and wellness. My mentorship is limited to 10 teachers who have previously completed a 200hr yoga teacher training. Ideally, you are presently teaching independently or in work in a yoga studio.
How does it work?
In the first week of September, we will schedule a call and chat one-on-one via FaceTime. I will assess your needs. Then, I will give you a Log In/Password were a beautiful course-site full of resource is available to you.
On the course-site there will be : 6 x 1 hour lecture videos (see topics below). Once all 6 have been watched and self-introspection questions have been answered - we will again chat one-on-one on FaceTime, covering any and all materials you have questions about.
IDEALLY: You will find a quiet space to watch the lectures and take notes, write down questions, have your props nearby if needed, etc. I'd like to schedule our FaceTime call within the same week of you watching the videos so the information is fresh and the formatting of each session stays cohesive. If your schedule doesn't allow for this, don't fret! I will tailor it to make it work for you.
Please note: Finding your voice has a yoga teacher doesn't happens after watching 6 one-hour videos. But I want to help you improve this for you overtime by giving you specific homework.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT from Mentorship
- Specific tools on how to harness and offer a spiritual-base class to your studentship without loosing the physical aspect of the yoga practice.
- Able to share soul transformation tools with your students. Think intentions, themes, stories, art, beauty. They're is a simple ways to do this and it's available to anyone is willing to try.
- For newer teacher: cueing, creative sequencing, play listing and the 'ins' on how to teach a smooth 'all-level' class.
- Let your desires and yearning birth aspiration
- See your difficulties as the lightseeker path and turn your wound into light.
- Renewed inspiration for your practice and teaching
- Open a flood gate of light on the road to your true dharma.
THIS TRAINING IS FOR YOU IF:
- You have deep desire and urge to unleash what is within you. The REAL you!
- You are a learner and will always be a learner. You are ready to unfold in new ways.
- You have been eyeing the ONE- DAY Initiation Art & Yoga Teachers Training given at Dartmouth Yoga Centre in Nova Scotia.
"Do your work passionately. Then let go. Now you are free."
- Stephen Cope
CLOSE DATE FOR SIGN-UP: AUGUST 31st, 2018
START DATE: September 10th, 2018
REQUIREMENTS & RESOURCES
I asked to you have a 200 hrs level teachers training from any school or lineage and that you are presently teaching one time a week.
This training is ONLINE. Meaning, you could be anywheres in the world and do it! But it also means you need an internet connection to access the content.
- YOGA and the QUEST for the true self by Stephen Cope
- Yoga of the Subtle Body by Tias Little
$497 this includes the ONE DAY INITIATION TRAINING
$397 this does not included the ONE DAY INITIATION TRAINING
Price includes shipment of
- Magic Tool Kit for YOGA TEACHERS ($59 value) - intention set of cards that you can use teaching and journal for self-introspection work (these product are limited and all designed by Estelle).
- ONE DAY INITIATION on-site training, this includes a workbook and ALL materials for your day ($135 value).
- Beautiful and resourceful online course-site (priceless!).
- Online Facebook Community with active and non-active members of mentorship.
- All one-on-one mentorship coaching calls with Estelle (2 x30 minutes Facetime call). Estelle is happy to accommodate a third one should you need it. ($75 dollars value)
- 6-hours of inspirational and technical VIDEOS to refresh you teaching and lit you up. (priceless!)
For specific questions, flexible payment plan (yes, you can pay monthly) and to assure you are a good fit please fill out this form.
Session 1 - Hello FEAR
In this first lecture, I cover the first Motto of mentorship inspired by a quote I once read from Cheryl Strayed: "Hello Fear, thank you for being here. You're my indicator that I am doing what I need to do." We discuss all things fear, anguish, worries, mistakes and confidence in the face of teaching yoga one-on-one or in a group.
Session 2 - Abolishing Perfection
In the second lecture, I cover the second Motto of mentorship which is guided from a truth bomb by Danielle Laporte: "Passion over Perfection". We establish tools& ritual to practice abolishing perfection once and for all. We talk of feedback and the truth and untruth of them. This video is filled with self-introspection questions, insight and eye-opening discussion. Why do we want to be so perfect ALL THE FREAKING TIME.
Session 3 - Sequencing verbal cuing, play listing
In this third lecture, I cover the tricky business or planning a sequence. I will give you guideline on how I sequence and what i think is best for a beginners teacher. We will dive into the 'all- levels' class or a class for every BODY. This video is the most technical. How to cue correctly, simply and to the point. The fundamentals of teaching a good, strong and tight yoga class. Also, the tricky business of adding music to a class. Music that is appropriate and well-received.
Session 4 - SOUL VS SPIRIT: THE GEOGRAPHY of the Subtle Body
This must be my most favourite video. We use soul and spirit interchangeably but did you know they're are huge difference in between the two? This episode demystifies SOUL & SPIRIT. Here, I'd like to dive into the work of a great mentor of mine: Tias Little. His Anatomy of the Subtle Body is a MUST-READ for this mentorship. We go deep into the realm of the invisible and it's position within our yoga practice and the class we teach.
SESSION 5 - Props, Accessibility and Inclusiveness in the yoga room
Start thinking outside the box. I will break the taboo that props are only for beginners. Learn how to teach, cue and demo with props is to know how to teach good “all levels” class. Personally, inclusiveness and connection with your students his has important as the actual class. Learn how to make beginners feel seen, respected and included. How to connect on a human level to your student so they want to return to nobody but your yoga class!
Session 6 - Setting intentions and find your authentic voice and style as a teacher
In this final lecture we discuss how to how set intention to your class (more on this in the on-site ONE DAY training October 14th included in this package) while finding your voice has a yoga teacher.
This finale module also discusses business of yoga, social media presence and student - teacher boundary - but also boundaries with yourself so that you never burn - out!
TO CLOSE: We have one more Facetime call which wraps up our time together. If you are in the vicinity, this could be translated in a one-on-one meeting or me attending one of your yoga classes. If you are not teaching presently, I can help you in the launch of your first session. If you are an International student, you could videotape yourself teaching a class (an iPhone and tripod is all you would need).