9 years ago. Fresh out of Modo Yoga Teachers Training. Newly engaged with a few calm months to spare finishing my M.A . This feels like it was taken in another life, before entering the jungles gates to motherhood and what ultimately ensued.
Here are 10 things I wish naïve me knew way back when:
1) In your quest to make people feel less broken and make that your life, you will learn the very same only by being broken yourself.
2) You will make some terrible mistakes. Receive and give unfair feedback. It’s these fuck ups that will ultimately make you: a grown ass woman.
3) PLeasssse, giiiirlllll !!!! You are not here to fit in! Do your own thing. Do it your own way.
4) Unrelated to art & yoga: GROW YOUR EYEBROWS.
5) There is always more to learn and more to heal.
6) Never look back. Nothing is ever wasted.
7) You can touch others only as far as you’ve allowed to have been touched yourself.
8) Say YES to your fate! Just say YES. Do not skip this important step. This will mean saying YES to death. YES to life. YES to horrible and wondrous thing. Saying yes will help you say no, too. Saying YES will walk you back to why you took your yoga teachers trainings and why you paint in the first place… for Moksha… for liberation.
9) Insecurity is not the truth of you. Kindness is the truth of you.
10) Fuck it! Just do it. Go on, dance like everyone’s watching.
Yeah. Still naive. Still growing my eyebrows. Still trying my darndest best at life..
Yours in valuing your original self, always!